Since 2020, the WBKolleg has awarded the annual "Young Scholars" prize to excellent young researchers from Switzerland and abroad who successfully work across disciplines and communicate their research to a broad public in a lively, comprehensible and vivid manner. Worth 1,500 SFr, the award aims to identify and promote young talents by increasing their visibility, opening up networking opportunities and providing impetus for scientific and intellectual development. At the same time, young researchers of the Kolleg benefit from the exchange with the scholars.
The prize is awarded on the occasion of a public event in a Bernese cultural institution. The presentation is flexible in terms of topic, format and location, so that new opportunities for cooperation arise time and again. In addition, visitors to municipal cultural institutions gain insights into current research in the humanities, cultural studies, and social sciences.
For 2021, members of the Fakultätskollegium at the Faculty of Humanities may send a proposal to email@example.com by January 17, 2021. Selection will be made in early March by the Executive Committee of the Kolleg.
- Outstanding interdisciplinary research in the humanities, cultural studies, or social sciences at a Swiss university or abroad
- Experience in communicating one's research to a broad public
- Doctoral degree that was awarded no more than five years ago
A proposal includes in a PDF
- Name and institutional affiliation of the proposed person
- Curriculum vitae and evidence of experience in science communication
- Justification of suitability according to the selection criteria
Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any questions.
Prof. Dr. Jan-Friedrich Missfelder
Due to the pandemic, the award ceremony has been postponed until spring 2021. As soon as public events are again allowed, we will announce details here.